Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I am also quilting.



I found quilting and piecing on the internet and went a little crazy trying the simple blocks. I like to do scrappy as I have not thrown any little piece of fabric for the last 35 years. With three daughters and a mother who sewed for them each little piece was stashed away. (lucky I have enough space to horde all this.) :)
My favourite quilting site is www.quiltville.com Bonnie Hunter is truly great, she has so many scrappy quilts done in such simple ways. She also has mystery quilts which I try to follow. But as yet have not made any. The other site I have often visited is www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com and  for blocks it is www.quilterscache.com  
Here are the early efforts. All these blocks have been done using help from various websites. None of these are my original patterns. But  the photographs are of the blocks I made and are my photographs.


Same star done in different ways.
House and the windmill
Fish. This is a great block. Arrange multi coloured fish blocks with blue printed blocks to make a beautiful "Fishes and the Sea" quilt
This one I did because I liked it and the way it was done.

Again something I liked.
X and O. Great block to use up scrap fabric as small as 1" strips
Close up of the block showing all the various fabrics used for the X's
The rail fence quilt. Needs binding to finish it. It is a toddler size quilt.
Close up
Various logcabin blocks
Spiral log cabin block

Scrappy mountain blocks. Easy and beautiful way of using scrap fabrics. The way this block is done is very different and easy. It is from www.quiltville.com Non directional print will looks better.





No comments:

Post a Comment