Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Roasted vegetables with Pasta


Roasted Vegetables with Pasta

 

Food Blogging Marathon from 2/9/2013 to 30/9/2013. 

Each day a new alphabet. 4 categories. 

Regional Food, 

Baked Dishes, 

International Flavors / Fusion flavors, 

Street Food / Condiments / Misc / Recipe less Posts on Food

I had planned to do my Ratali Crisps (Sweet Potato Crisp) recipe which is a big hit with whoever eats it. It is a very simple recipe and has minimum preparation time and once in the oven you set the timer and forget it. It is golden goodness of rich taste and filling dish that you can eat as side or as main or as a snack. From the day I had decided to do this I was looking for Sweet Potatoes in the market. Everyday my trip to our vegetable market was yielding no results.  Finally today by evening I had to change my plans. If I did not cook and post it how could I be ready for R on  21/9/2013. I was looking for either a baked or an international/fusion recipe. Since at present I am in love with Italian food I decided to make something Italian. Rissoto, Roasted veggies, Rustic Focaccia, Rustic Walnut Bread. Too many choices and too little time. I went in for Roasted Veggies with Pasta. This would also take care of my dinner and my post for alphabet R. So here is my take on Roasted Veggies with Pasta.

Ingredients:

1 long brinjal/eggplant/aubgerine 
1 zuccini (I used sponge gourd/turai/ghosale)
1 small carrot
1 green capsicum (use only half)
1 red capcicum (I did not use it as it is not available here)
1 yellow capsicum (I did not use it as it is not available here)
1 big onion
1 big tomato
10 -12 garlic + 4 more
2 green chillies
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp each of dried herbs of your choice(I used oregano, basil and rosemary)
1/2 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
Oil to grease the Roasting Tray
1 tblsp oil to cook the garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 
1/2 cup cheddar or regular cheese (I used Amul cubes)

1 cup uncooked Pasta of your choice (I used multicoloured rotini or corkscrew pasta)

Method: 
Cook the pasta in plenty of water to which 1 tblsp oil and 1 tblsp salt is added. Drain when cooked al dente. Keep warm.





 Drained cooked pasta













Cut the brinjal, carrots and zucini into 1/2 inch slices. Cut tomato into half and then into thick slices. Dice capcicum and onions into big pieces. Chop green chillies fine. smash the garlic with the flat of your knife once. 



Grease a baking tray and put the vegetables in it and add the smashed garlic, salt and herbs. Toss well and spread evenly. Roast in hot oven for 30 to 40 minutes or till the vegetables are brown and done well.

 Roasted veggies


In a pan heat 1 tblsp oil and add 4 pieces of garlic and let them brown. Add the pasta and paprika and toss well. Check for salt. Now add the roasted vegetables and toss again to mix well.  Remove in a serving bowl and sprinkle both the cheese. Your tasty roasted veggies with pasta is ready to eat. Serve hot or cold. 


 

 This is my 5th recipe in International/fusion category.





logo by Preeti.

Food Bloggin Marathon # 32 organised by:













19 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great dish to have Sandhya..very nice..maybe you should post your Ratali Crisps once you get them..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pasta with plenty of veggies. .and the multi coloured pasta is making the dish very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pasta with plenty of veggies. .and the multi coloured pasta is making the dish very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very very healthy rosted veggie pasta :) looks super yummy and lovely preparation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicious pasta with roasted vegetables . lovely preparation..

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yummy!! delicious veggies which are so flavorful after roasting!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, just drooling over that bowl of pasta, those roasted veggies are just inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roasted vegetables are very tempting! the flavor that they develop upon roasting takes the dish to a different level.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dish and looks yum and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so simple to make and yet so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love gthe way you topped it with all that cheese

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the roasted veges..looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a filling and delicious pasta dish..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This recipe come out so well and look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Drooling here. I had to correct my spelling 3 times now. :D That should tell u how crazy I am about roasted veggies and pasta.

    ReplyDelete