Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Black Currant Cake



Black Currant Cake.



I had made this cake for BM 33 but could not post it for ill health. I was down with viral fever and had bad reaction of a medicine I was given. But the cake was super hit and my daughter who generally feels egg less cakes are not so soft was amazed at how soft this was.
The recipe is from Veena's blog : veenasvegnation.blogspot.com.
Thank you Veena for such a wonderful recipe. 
The only change I did was I used black currant crush instead of orange squash and I also did not pour the sauce over it.
It was a very delicious cake.



  






Black Currant Cake

1 3/4 C flour/maida
3/4 C butter
3/4 C sugar powdered
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 C milk
6 tblsp Black Currant Crush ( I used Mapros)
Method: 
Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together and keep aside. 
Cream butter and powdered sugar together well till soft and fluffy.
Add black Currant Crush and mix well.
Add the flour and using cut and fold method mix thoroughly.
Bake in a well greased cake pan in pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes or till done. 
Cool in pan for for 5 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on wire rack till cold. 








1 comment:

  1. That looks so soft and spongy Sandhya. Glad you liked it and not we have one more variant :-)

    ReplyDelete